The latest in a global footprint of top-tier, highly connected fortress data centers, with the power, capacity, security and services required by today’s demanding mission-critical infrastructure.
NAP of Amsterdam: COLOCATION NETHERLANDS
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: A Nexus of Global Data, Global Travel and Global Commerce. The Perfect Place for The NAP of Amsterdam. This innovative “Airport City” currently welcomes more than 48 million passengers and processes 1.6 million tonnes of cargo a year. Already a major hub for air, rail and road connections, the opening of Terremark’s NAP makes the Schiphol area a vital nexus for telecommunications and technology.
A Secure, Top-Tier, Cloud-Enabled FACILITY
The NAP of Amsterdam is designed to meet the highest requirements for power, availability and security, with redundant power feeds, flywheel UPS systems and six 2.25-megawatt diesel generators for backup power. The Amsterdam data center facility has been designed with the environment in mind, with a target PUE of less than 1.5. Multi-tier security includes 24/7 security guards, CCTV and keycard access with biometric controls. We provide 100% service-level agreements on power and environmental systems. The NAP of Amsterdam is also home to Terremark’s industry-leading Enterprise Cloud™ platform, providing high-performance computing infrastructure on demand.
Connected to Europe & the WORLD
The NAP of Amsterdam is directly connected to the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX), one of the world’s largest Internet Exchanges, with more than 350 members, and connected to a global network of Tier 1 carriers via Terremark’s Managed Routing Service platform. It is the only Europe data center on the Schiphol fibre ring, providing direct connectivity to the 500 global businesses located within the grounds of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
A Complete Suite of SERVICES
Terremark provides its complete suite of managed services from the NAP of Amsterdam, including cloud computing, colocation, managed hosting, information security and managed storage and backup, offering Europe’s business community enterprise-class solutions from a secure, high-performance IT infrastructure.
Data Center BUILDING FEATURES
NAP of Amsterdam
- 2,700 Square Meters of raised floor
- Additional capacity for 10,000 m2
- 24/7 security guards
- Keycard access
Power & ENVIRONMENTAL
- Tier III 2N+1 power architecture
- 6,000 KVA power provided by redundant substation feeds
- Six 2.25MW backup generators onsite
- Active Power uninterruptible power supplies (static UPS with flywheel battery)
- Closed-loop, water-cooled chiller system with plate and frame heat exchangers
- Anticipated facility PUE < 1.5
- 100% SLA on power and environmentals
- Direct connection to Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX)
- Connectivity to more than 160 carriers via Terremark’s MRS platform
- Direct connection to Schiphol Telematics fibre ring
Additional Colocation in the Netherlands
In addition to the NAP of Amsterdam, Verizon Terremark also has a data center located a quick 15-minutes from the downtown Amsterdam. Colocation services offered at this facility allows customers controlled and managed datacenter space with diverse connectivity options to house computing, storage, network and application server equipment.
Amsterdam Regional Data Center: Colocation Netherlands Building Features
- 7,300 Square Meters
- 4,350 Square Meters of raised floor
- .6 Meters of raised floor space
- Floor loading of 1,300 kilograms per Square Meter
- Carrier Neutral
- 8 Carriers
- 24x7 Security
- Security Card Access and Man Trap
- Closed-Circuit Video Surveillance with 30-day video retention
- SLA for 100% power and environmentals
- Remote Hands
- Inergen Gas Fire Suppression
- Cooling Resiliency N+1
- Temperature Range 20° – 24° Celsius
- Amsterdam colocation