- Companies can now access Oracle Database capacity on a monthly basis on Verizon Terremark Enterprise Cloud and Managed Hosting services. Access to Oracle software on an hourly basis will be available later this year.
- Configurations of Oracle Database 11g software are available in three service offerings:
- Subscription License on Enterprise Cloud
- Incident Response Service (Virtual and Physical) with database monitoring, quarterly application patching, and Tier 1 incident response
- Fully Managed Services (Virtual and Physical) with database monitoring, quarterly application patching, Tier 1-3 problem resolution, and change management
- Additionally, Oracle provides license mobility for customers who want to run Oracle software on virtualized Verizon Terremark Enterprise Cloud and Verizon Managed Hosting.
- Pay-as-you-go monthly licensing is available on physical cores with our managed services offering for a limited time.
Oracle customers can also use their existing software licenses with no additional license fees. Great for getting new projects through proof of concept and beta faster, this also means more flexibility for periodic application quality/assurance testing.
Verizon will manage time-consuming database administration tasks including provisioning, backups, software patching, monitoring, and hardware scaling. And, we can get you started quickly.
- More choices for pre-production environments.
- Services for new cyclical work-loads and applications with short durations
- Improved cost efficiencies for disaster recovery
- Flexible extension of existing Verizon managed hosting and cloud services for new Oracle workloads
Verizon has a long history of providing a breadth of support options for Oracle from basic monitoring and patching services to full application management and database administration services for Oracle. Customers can elect the level of operational support that best fits their business and technical requirements.
Licenses are available for Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 11g on our Managed Hosting and Enterprise Cloud platforms. Support for other packages (including add-ons) will include:
- Oracle Database Standard Edition One
- Oracle Database Standard Edition
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition
- Oracle WebLogic Server Standard Edition
- Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition
- Oracle WebLogic Suite